Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who wants to try the sharing a view with non-Jira users?

47 comments

Comment

brent.johnson September 8, 2022

It looks like Confluence is just introducing the concept of external users, and Jira Service Management already has this concept.

I wonder if this makes sharing roadmaps with non-Jira users any easier for the Jira Product Discovery team.

Nicolo September 13, 2022

Hope so @brent_johnson

Can't stress enough how much this would be needed for product management, and also a nice boost in productivity and savings in managing everything from Jira without relying on 3rd party solutions.

Like Guillaume _Apwide_ likes this
Jeremy West October 3, 2022

Is there any updates or progress on bringing this back? We still have a ProductBoard subscription, if there is no prospect of public roadmap sharing we will be switching back ASAP. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2022

Hi @Jeremy West , we've found a solution so you can share views with anyone who has an Atlassian account (free to create on https://id.atlassian.com/signup) but we're not going to be able to support fully anonymous access (public link on the internet, for people without an account at all). 

We just finished the technical spike and started implementation - so we don't yet know exactly when it will be ready. If you have an urgent need for this, or if the requirement to have full anonymous access is important to you, then you'll probably have to consider other options - Productboard is a great app!

Like # people like this
Jeremy West October 4, 2022

Hi @Tanguy Crusson to confirm, you mean we could provide access to any user who has an Atlassian account but is NOT a user of our Jira Cloud instance - similar to the way Service Desk customers function?

If thats the case, then yes that is fine, majority of the people we want to share with would already be customers on our JSD so this would work fine. 

By virtue, does this mean JPD would have a similar area to configure external users with Atlassian accounts and/or a view where we can invite and manage those with external access?

That would meet all our requirements.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2022

@Jeremy West sorry I accidentally deleted part of the response - I edited it back :) 

Yes, it's pretty much the same concept as Jira Service Management 👍 Not the exact same admin functions but close enough - we're still working through the details here, we'll share something in a bit.

Jeremy West October 4, 2022

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson - that is clear.

Yes, that would be a workable solution in this scenario. Appreciate the response and will look forward to seeing this arrive in the beta.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Ronald de Groot November 28, 2022

Would love to have this feature to create roadmap boards which can be shared with partners and business stakeholders

Sarah Green January 25, 2023

How can I get our instance added to this? 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
January 26, 2023

@Sarah Green this feature was removed and we're working on a new version of it. 

Like Sarah Green likes this
Sarah Green January 26, 2023

Thanks for the update @Tanguy Crusson. Is there a timeline for that new version?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
January 26, 2023

@Sarah Green I can't share delivery dates (honestly, I have no idea how anyone can ever communicate any kind of dates in confidence 😅 - if you know the secret please let me know) however we are actively working on it. We've started playing with a super early alpha of this new feature in the team, there is still a decent amount of work there. It's not a concept that Jira supports today so we've had to roll up our sleeves.

Like Erik Lau likes this
Erik Lau February 23, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson   tagging along to express the need for our organization to be able so share JPD roadmap to other non-jira users or even better, for non-Jira user Stakeholders to comment/vote on JPD ideas.  Hope the upcoming new feature will allow contributor functions.

Jeanpierre gariepy May 10, 2023

I was in the process of convincing my organization to adopt Jira discovery. However, the absence (and worrying abandonment) of this functionality forced us to choose another tool.

The main need on our side is to present lists of product improvements that can be discussed and voted on by our community. We want to give users the chance to influence the "Improvements" portion of our roadmap.

We would simply like to be able to share a view publicly (or embed it in our community circle page) and allow users to comment, give insigths and vote.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2023

Hi @Jeanpierre gariepy , thanks for the feedback . This was attempt #1 at the feature but it didn't work as planned. We're now working on a new feature which would work much better, explained here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/A-big-update-on-Jira-Product-Discovery-pricing-creators-and/ba-p/2304729

(look at the stakeholder bits)

Jeanpierre gariepy May 18, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson , That an improvement, but, since they need an Atlassian account, that a too big step for our users. We need a public view Without barrier to entry. We have many Non-techo Stakeholders and strategic partners, so having a Atlassian account (they never heard you you or Jira, that another world for them), would confuse them and they will no use that tool.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2023

Thanks for the feedback @Jeanpierre gariepy 

joachim ramberg January 23, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson I would like to use/try this feature https://optiplan.atlassian.net

Owen Scott January 31, 2024

Hey @Tanguy Crusson and team! Is this feature still available, and could we try it out? It would be very useful to us.

Edit: I see your message above about Stakeholders. This sounds great—is there a timeline for release?

toby Skyring
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

n i try this

Guillaume _Apwide_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 8, 2024

I was using the possibility to share public product roadmap with our customers in older version of JPD. I was looking forward to using JPD in order to vote and share ideas for our meetup community of Product Managers: https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/humble-product-managers-community-lausanne/ . It would have been also a good way  to make JPD more known by our community of PM's.
I was very disappointed that the feature is now removed. I will have to switch to another tool... ;-(

Like Mick Coll likes this
Mick Coll
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

I just added payment details In order to upgrade and share my JPD views publicly. I will now be removing them and paying some other company, which is unfortunate.

I refuse to believe this is too difficult a problem to solve for Atlassian.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events