Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View description, count of ideas in a view, no-click option editor: comfort features coming!

Hi everyone! 

We are pleased to announce that we released some enhancements to capabilities in JPD to make them more comfortable in your day-to-day use of JPD. 

These are the following:

• view description side-panel: like ideas or fields, the description of a view is moving to a side-panel so you can have more estate to describe it. Also it will give us more estate to put in one place any description information about your views.
  • number of ideas in a view: you will now see the number of ideas displayed in a view, that will change dynamically as you change your filters. This will give you a quick gut check as to whether your roadmaps and timelines are set up correctly.
  • no-click option editor: create options in your select, multi-select and labels field with no click. Type an option, we will search for it in the list of options. If it's there, we will show it so you don't have to look for it. If it's not there, hit Enter to create it! The option will get a color assigned automatically! If you don't like the color, feel free to change it. If you don't want our auto-assigned coloring, you can turn it off! Now you can create many options in just a few seconds.

Here is a Loom describing the changes! we hope you like them, and can't wait to hear what you think!

Happy new week! 

The Jira Product Discovery team

3 comments

jack_saxton June 17, 2024

I've seen these getting sprinkled in over the past week or so and have appreciated each of them, so thanks for these enhancements! 🙏

A thought I had as you clicked through the "Options" updates: have you received much feedback on the idea of "archiving" options?

Use case: We have an option that was once relevant, but isn't relevant any longer, and we want to keep the list free of outdated options when selecting without losing the historical data.

We use this for things like:

• Teams that have spun down that we were using as an option
  • A "quarter" field that we use for tracking our commitments over time

This would be another quality of life enhancement that I could see having an impact, especially after the product has been around longer and has more options piling up.

Thanks, y'all! 

Like # people like this
Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2024

Thanks @jack_saxton !! Super happy to hear these are helpful! 

Great point on archiving options! I can imagine things might get messy over time with options. Adding it as an insight right now, to analyze against all other requests. 

Chat soon!!

Like jack_saxton likes this
duncan_crowell June 17, 2024

I saw these last week and thought it felt new.  No Click Editor has been super useful in setting up bulk new fields over the last few days.

Still having people miss the About the view though,  I use it to provide some instructions on Templated views so teams can pull them down and filter as required for thier teams. not sure what the solution is here but getting stakeholders still asking questions on things I hav covered in the About the view area, be great if there is a way to make it more prominent if there is content in there and if its been updated. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events