Request for feedback: basic aggregation for lists

Hi everyone! 

We're currently working on improving the list view, and were discussing something like this. We understand that's a leading question, and also vague, BUT: is that something you'd find useful? And if so, would you have use cases to share for how you'd use it and the value you'd get from this?

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 12.03.13.png

Thanks a bunch,

Tanguy

10 comments

Comment

Riku.Kristersson June 8, 2022

Yes this would help!

Simplest use case is normal reporting

• "How many ideas each team / business unit / ect. has", 
  • "What is total business value (€), cost (€) or development size". 
  • Total delivery progress and issues linked would be nice also

Another use case is prioritization, we might want to allocate x% of ideas to certain themes like innovation or technical debt and it would make it easier to be able to see overall balance or amount of ideas / theme. One option for formula could be group % from all groups sums. That could be nice information also for status and teams (what % of ideas is in x-status) 

Formula that gives number of different values could be usefull also (not how many people but how many different people)

Like # people like this
Vaishali Patil June 8, 2022

yes it would. especially for in roadmapping aggregating the effort.

Like # people like this
Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi,

I think this could be nice, but I don't really have a use case for it right now. Maybe a delivery progress aggregate could be interesting.

Thanks,

Omer

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
quan June 8, 2022

I have multiple roadmap lists today (current, upcoming, backlog) and having them rolled up into a single list (view) would be helpful vs sending multiple links to people depending on which list they need to see.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Yes, and...perhaps doing this at a grouping level (with the ability to rapidly switch between saved, named filters/sorts/aggregations) would make it more effective.  Imagine this like "quick filters", and...

Think of the use case of a touchbase meeting with stakeholders, which progresses through phases of:

• walk-on-topic capture
  • assessing learnings from released features
  • about-to-be-released features
  • upcoming/intake
  • etc.

Any of these could lead to moving between different measures for a view.  As currently implemented, this requires saving views (creating a view sprawl problem?) for each focus area, or rapidly changing the settings of a view.

Nate Dame June 10, 2022

Pretty neat, but it would have to be really graceful with handling field values that have multiple values.

I'm assuming I could drag an issue from one section to another. That should remove one field value and add another. But if there are multiple field values that gets... complicated! And the issue would show up multiple times?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2022

Thanks @Nate Dame , by the way this is how it works for boards today if you generate columns based on the values of a multi-select field:

• You can add the same idea to multiple columns (multiple values for the field)
  • if you drag and drop, then it acts as a "move": it removes the first value and sets the second

This would work the same in this case. 

Like Nate Dame likes this
Nate Dame June 13, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson gotcha!!

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2022

Hi,

Any progress with this? I am asking since one of our PMs just asked if we could have an aggregate of the effort per goal, or per quarter...

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2022

@Omer Meshar nope, not yet - we're focusing on other things at the moment - cc @Catalin Bridinel 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events