Product update: sharing a roadmap with people who don't have a Jira account (coming soon)

Hi everyone,

This is not an announcement for this feature yet, but I'm excited to be able to share a quick video showing some progress re: sharing a view with people who aren't logged into Jira. 

Still a decent amount of work to do here (it's a complex piece of work!) but we're getting close laugh

Cheers,

Tanguy

6 comments

Comment

quan July 21, 2021

nice! will we be able to disable the view (delete the hash) in case we shared the wrong thing, roadmap is out of date, etc?

Like Jessie Renton likes this
Colin Goudie July 21, 2021

Thanks team. 

One thing with these shares and embeds. If the columns don't take the whole width can you reduce the overall width? With the Now/Next/Future style they are so small and thin that either the size could be made larger or if they are centered in the share it's easier to embed nicer.

Hope that makes sense

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

@quan yes, you'll be able to do that - e.g. disabling public sharing would delete the hash, re-enabling it would create a new one

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

@Colin Goudie I'm not sure I understand sorry, what "whole width" would you like to reduce? And where are you embedding them? Thanks!

Lu Reed April 13, 2022

Hey @Tanguy Crusson

It looks like this post was made almost a year ago... is there a beta of this feature available today or an ETA on availability? 

Also, would unauthenticated/external users be able to vote/comment on items from a view's share link? 

I see a huge benefit to sharing a roadmap for our Product Advisory boards and enabling them to vote and comment on new ideas that we are reviewing as a team. At a previous company, we used Productboard and had a Portal view for external stakeholders and members of feedback groups. It was super helpful for getting async feedback on items and hearing directly from customers! 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2022

@Lu Reed We've experimented with this feature but in the end usage was very low and since the feature carried significant technical risks we decided to turn it off. Since then we've received more feedback about the need to share roadmaps and receive feedback - which is something we plan to revisit in the future. 

In the meantime you can create views that you share with people, as long as they have a Jira account they can access it, vote and comment (note: having an account in Jira Product Discovery is free during beta) - so it works for internal stakeholders but not users/customers.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events