Product update: export to PNG, sharing with someone without a Jira account, reliability, etc.

Hi all, 

A quick update:

Export to PNG

when exporting a view to PNG (Share > Share a snapshot > Download PNG) it used to only export the part of the view that was visible on screen. That is now fixed and it will export the full view. One problem left: emojis don't show yet. An example:

Roadmap - Demo Andy Jul 9, 2021 3_42 PM.png

Sharing a roadmap with someone without a Jira account

We heard you loud and clear: you want to be able to share a view (e.g. roadmap) with people who don't have a Jira account (e.g. customers, stakeholders).

Good news: we finished a technical spike, got through Atlassian security review for the proposed approach, and it looks like we can make it happen. Fingers crossed that we can deliver this in the next couple of sprints. We might still hit road blocks but we're fairly optimistic at this stage and will keep you posted.

What's in the "Next" bucket in our roadmap? 

1. Voting: We're starting to explore what it would take so you can ask your team or stakeholders to vote for ideas. If that's a topic that is of interest to you please let me know, we'd love to chat! We have a couple of concepts to share and would love your feedback
  2. Integration with Jira Advanced Roadmaps - so you can link ideas to initiatives. 
  3. A few other things I'll expand on in the next update. 

Incidents and reliability

The week of June 17 was a bad one as we faced 3 incidents. We take reliability very seriously in the team (RUF: Reliability > Usability > Features), so we took pause and reviewed our techops approach: tech debt and our strategies to monitor and improve overall system performance and reliability.

Since then we've implemented the following changes:

1. Improve error detection: we improved our monitoring and our oncall setup (plug: we use OpsGenie), and we already caught issues before they reached you this way.
  2. Improve communication in moments of downtime: we've set up the Jira Product Discovery status page which we recommend you follow. This is integrated in the app, so in case of incidents we can directly let you know there so you can subscribe to updates
  3. Change how we approach the tech debt and reliability: we dedicated 2 sprints to improving reliability and now 25% of the team's capacity is reserved for tech debt / reliability / performance, every sprint. 

We'll keep sharing if that's a topic you're interested in. 

13 comments

Comment

Brian Gumm July 9, 2021

Great update, Tanguy - thank you! The voting feature is definitely one that I have interest in and would be willing to chat through from our team's perspective. 

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

@Brian Gumm Great thanks, that's awesome! I'll reach out to you next week.

Hunter Yeagley July 16, 2021

Sharing to those without an account will take this to the next level and replace attempting to recreate and tell the story in a slide deck. 

Voting would be great, I use voting for multiple processes.

Like Brad Bazemore likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2021

Thanks @Hunter Yeagley ! Would you mind sharing a bit more re: where you use voting? (who votes, what you ask them, what you use the results for, etc.). Since we're currently designing features in this area, any feedback you think is relevant would help us a ton laugh

Jessie Renton July 28, 2021

Hi team, I am still having an issue with the PNG export only capturing what is on the screen rather than the full page. 

Roadmap - Product Discovery Backlog Jul 29, 2021 9_38 AM.png

Jessie Renton August 2, 2021

@Sara Dubuque just flagging the above issue with the PNG export

Like Sara Dubuque likes this
Sara Dubuque
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2021

Hi @Jessie Renton , sorry to hear you're having this trouble. 

I think I was able to reproduce the problem - it seems like this bug shows up when you're exporting a board that uses "group by", like the one in your screenshot. 

We'll get it fixed, thanks for reporting!

Jessie Renton August 4, 2021

Thanks @Sara Dubuque - much appreciated!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2021

@Jessie Renton It's now fixed! Exporting a PNG works when you use group by

Like Jessie Renton likes this
Jessie Renton August 11, 2021

@Tanguy Crusson wonderful - thanks!

nwatson August 24, 2022

Is there an option to export to excel/CSV by any chance? 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2022

@nwatson yes, in Jira:

- Filters

- advanced issue search

- search for the ideas you want to export

- top right: Export > Export Excel CSV

Amanda Hornburg October 19, 2022

This was the closest article I could find to the issue I am seeing. I am trying to export to PNG from a view that uses Group By. When I export it, the summary shows on a different line than the other data fields so it makes it really confusing to match up. How do i get the summary to export on the same line as the rest of the data fields? image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events