Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📣 Product Update: Blank templates are here 🔥

Hi community! 

If you’ve created more than one discovery project, then you’ve likely also spent a lot of time deleting sample data. Well, we’ve heard you loud and clear - you want to get started quickly on a clean, blank canvas.

We’re excited to share we’ve just launched a new blank project template for Jira Product Discovery. This project template will come with system fields and empty list, board, matrix and timeline views so you can quickly and easily get started with your own data, instead of spending time deleting sample data.

Note the blank project template will not include any pre-defined custom fields.

To create a new project with a blank project template:

1. Select the Project dropdown from the top navigation

2. Select Create new project

3. Navigate to the Product management templates, select Blank project

4. Click Use template on the following screen

See it in action :slack-downn:

And don't forget to sign up for the EAP on Global fields, so you don't even need to re-create each fields for every new project, just reuse the existing ones. 

Cheers ! 

3 comments

Troy Cope February 27, 2024

This is great, but what we really need is the ability to clone existing JPD project configuration. I've had to rebuild 6 JPD projects (and counting) so far, all with the same workflow / fields / views... painfully tedious and slow each time as I replicate my exisiting structure across our remaining Product teams. 

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2024

Hey Troy, 

Yes, this is only our first iteration on project template - a first step to ease the life of project admin, but that's just the beginning of the journey. 

As you know, Jira Product Discovery projects are team-managed, so basically no configuration is shared. So for the moment we are working on global fields, and in the future, we will create other shared configurations, so we can let you create your own templates ;) 

Stay tuned! 

Like Ákos Botos likes this
Ákos Botos February 28, 2024

@Hermance NDounga

Is there a reason why one cannot copy settings from existing Team managed projects?

Even if schemes are not a thing in Team managed world project templates could be. I would love them even for company-managed projects.

So my question shouldn't this limitation be lifted in general? Or JPD is the pioneer of getting Team managed projects to the next level? 🤔

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events