Product Discovery for large product teams and multiple product lines

How are you are thinking about keeping track of products and product lines? For example, I know at my company leadership would struggle to buy into this if there was no way to create a 50,000ft view that showed them the status of all "departments" or product areas. 

2 comments

Comment

Sara Dubuque
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

@Brad Bazemore we definitely have this exact question on our minds, and the answer is "We don't know yet." 

We want to mindful of not adding complexity for users in smaller teams/orgs, but we also recognize the importance of those high level views for leadership. Jira Align meets those needs for many organizations, but I think there's room for us to give some more visibility across projects as well. 

What sort of view and information would be most important to your leadership?

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Brad Bazemore July 26, 2021
  • I know about Jira Align but that does not help them see where the product is going. That only helps them see if what we have agreed to do is being done.
  • They want to know how product ideation and discovery are going.
    • What things are going to get built and what did we learn should not get done.
    • Why did this change?
  • Leadership also wants to see how all the research connects to larger company goals such as OKRs and vision.
  • I know it would be great to let them drill in to get understanding.

This is about driving leadership away from "is this done" to "why are we wanting to do this? what do we think is next?"

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events