Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🔥 Pro-tip: How to create a roadmap with different time horizons

Hi everyone, 

Someone asked a great question today so wanted to share it and also how you can do this in the tool today: 

Our 12 month rolling roadmap is divided into 3 time horizons. First is Planned horizon, this is basically the current quarter divided into months. Second is Targeted this is the next quarter and the third horizon is what we call Directional and is the last 6 months/Half of the year. In JPD we can set target dates in months and quarter but we can't set it as a "Half" to show our Directional horizon. Any solution to that?

Here was my response: there are 2 options, and the second one is my favourite: 

4 comments

Comment

Julien Béchade June 19, 2023

Very timely and useful @Tanguy Crusson, thanks!

Brian Channell June 22, 2023

Are you planning on developing the ability to 1. Lock views and 2. Toggle between views? 

1. For Lock views, my TPM and I are planning but then other team members view the same board and apply filters for their temporary needs but it messes up the original view.

2. Toggling views would be great as we have projects in Discovery and Delivery for example in Q2 then we are now planning for Q3 and need to move the Q2 Discovery projects over to Delivery in Q3 so we can calculate resources needed to develop. This is just planning so we don't want to actually move the ticket over. Thoughts?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2023

@Brian Channell give this feature a try (turn off autosave)

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 09.40.18.png

I'm not sure I understood what you meant in #2?

Like • Adam Arrowsmith likes this
Brian Channell July 6, 2023

For #2 I would like the ability to toggle between two versions of a view. It's like version control where here are all the projects for Q2 and as I plan for Q3 I some projects would roll over into Q3 so it's the same ticket but in a different view. Does that make sense?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events