Jira Product Discovery - Product update - 24 June

Hi everyone!

Another packed update. Here's what we've added over the past couple of weeks:

• Export a PNG from a view (lists and boards)
  • Add checklists, decisions, tables, etc. and more advanced controls in the idea description
  • Count how many options are selected for a field (e.g. "how many customers are interested by this idea?")
  • Merge similar ideas and copy all the data over
  • Archive ideas (with a way to restore them)

Here's the demo:

As usual, let us know what you think of if you have any questions below smile

13 comments

Comment

Brian Gumm June 25, 2021

Great work, y'all! 

Like # people like this
Jessie Renton June 27, 2021

Another great update @Tanguy Crusson , thank you! Particularly excited about the spike for sharing the roadmaps, and the merge feature is awesome :D 

Like # people like this
Jessie Renton June 28, 2021

Hey @Tanguy Crusson currently I can only get the PNG export to include what I can see on the screen, is there a plan to extend this so it includes the whole roadmap? 

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Colin Goudie June 28, 2021

Great update. Be great to be able to report/pull the tasks/decisions into a report somewhere :)

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

@Jessie Renton it looks like you found a bug! that's meant to export the whole view. We're looking into it. 

Like Jessie Renton likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

@Colin Goudie That's a very good question - what would you use this report for?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2021

@Jessie Renton sorry it took a while for us to fix that one but: exporting a PNG now captures the full view, not just what's on the screen !

Like Jessie Renton likes this
Jessie Renton July 11, 2021

@Tanguy Crusson awesome thanks for the update!

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

@Tanguy Crusson So my leadership team is loving the functionality so far, but unless I can product a GANTT chart it's still a no go for them. In the interim I am manually copying the information captured in Jira Product Discovery into another format for a gantt view. Is this something on your roadmap, or something we can submit for a feature request? 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2021

Thanks for that @elizabeth_jones - I completely understand. It's already in our roadmap but I don't exactly know when we'll start on this yet. We'd love to chat with you when we get to it though if that's OK!

In the meantime, here's our roadmap as it stands at the moment:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-Alpha/An-update-for-the-Jira-Product-Discovery-product-roadmap/ba-p/1799212

Like elizabeth_jones likes this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Oh that's wonderful news. Yes, I'd love to talk about that when you do get to it :)

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

@Tanguy Crusson My existing project doesn't work with Advanced Roadmaps because it is a team managed project. Is there a different way to setup or configure the Product Discovery project to work with Advanced Roadmaps?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
September 9, 2021

@elizabeth_jones my apologies I forgot to send an update - we've been battling with this a bit, and the changes we made for advanced roadmaps created issues for Jira sites that weren't using it - so we had to disable the feature to fix this. We've now found a fix and it's getting rolled out before we turn it on again. 

We are going to need to do another iteration to let PMs choose which strategy they want to use as to how delivery progress gets calculated - more on this in a follow-up update.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events