Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding contributors and creators to a Jira Product Discovery project

77 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2023

@Anthony Fisher can you please create a support ticket - that way we'll be able to investigate what's going on:

- from the "Give Feedback" menu > "Get help from the support team"

In there, you can copy/paste this:

"Hi there, Tanguy Crusson from the Jira Product Discovery team asked me to create a support ticket regarding the problem described here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Who-wants-to-try-the-new-creator-and-contributor-set-up-for-Jira/ba-p/2324017/page/2

The team needs access to the site to investigate this error. Thanks!"

Thank you!

Like Ori Cohen likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2023

@Anthony Fisher We checked in the logs and you don't have the permission to create a group in this site. We're checking why you're able to toggle the button (we should show it as disabled, not enabled and then it failed for you unexpectedly). 

I think you need to find a site administrator to do this (you have permissions to administer Jira, but not the site, where groups get created)

Anthony Fisher April 14, 2023

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson  … that makes sense. I’ll get an appropriate site admin to flick the switch.

Vincent Westerhof April 17, 2023

Yes please, privacyperfect.atlassian.net

Boleslaw Nowak April 17, 2023

We'd love to test it also - lemonfrog.atlassian.net Thank you! 

LEELA VENKATASATISH KOLLA April 18, 2023

kollas.atlassian.net

Darina Lubomirova April 18, 2023

Interested to try the new creators / contributors setup yarillo.atlassian.net

Thank you!

Niclas Robinson April 20, 2023

https://vxfiber.atlassian.net/ 

we would also like to try this!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2023

Hi everyone, we got everyone's feedback that it worked but was a bit confusing to learn, we're working on a new design, it's taking a tad longer than expected to land, so I've just turned the existing feature/design on for the people who asked above. Next step: we turn it on for everyone!

Like Eugen Stolin likes this
Eugen Stolin April 25, 2023

image.png

I am guessing the biggest challenge is that you first need to assign users to the group and then add them as contributors to a JPD project. 

It would be easier if the group assignment is done automatically when users are added to a project. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2023

Hi all, the feature is now turned on for everyone! Enjoy 🙂

Ori Cohen May 4, 2023

Hi, 

we like to try it as well. 

nortecview.atlassian.net

Thansks,

Ori

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2023

Hi @Ori Cohen , the feature is live for everyone. You can use it. 

Like # people like this
CC May 4, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Looks great!!  Much clearer.  Was wondering what the next thing they you all are working on?  Kinda hoping its templates and required fields for the blue "create an idea" button.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2023

@Nolis Espinal the feature is out for everyone. You can use it

Krishna Vempati June 5, 2023

We have site admins taking up "creator" seats/licenses. Is there any way to not have site admins counted as "creators" in JPD?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2023

@Krishna Vempati that typically happens when the "site-admins" user group is automatically given access to the Jira Product Discovery product. Site administrators are able to remove that, from admin.atlassian.com. 

Like Krishna Vempati likes this
Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 28, 2023

We'll be experimenting with adding guest customers to contribute and access our roadmaps real soon. Seems promising!

Dana Weinbaum July 30, 2023

Hi, @Tanguy Crusson 

I can't add some users to be creators. I see a different view than what's presented on this page and the option that I used for other users is disabled for this user (who's a site admin. I don't know if it's relevant).

Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 16.43.28.pngThanks for your help.

Matt Richards August 4, 2023

We have accounts that we want to be contributors. They have no product access but are in the contributors group. JPD is not in their list of products in the "switch to" menu, so they have no means of navigating to JPD.

What do we need to do to get JPD into their "switch to" menu?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-questions/JPD-Not-Shown-in-List-of-Apps/qaq-p/2439946?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mentions_answer&utm_content=topic#U2440945

Ben Gallant August 24, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson we have a synced group for all employees that grants site access when they are given an email address via Azure AD. 

Every person in that group should have at the minimum Contributor access. 

I don't see a way to automatically grant contributor access without involving the Azure admin to do it from his end (possibly). 

Any suggestions? 

I've added that group to our project via the access settings, and set the group to have contributor access, but I'm still finding that if I don't manually add the Contributor group to the user, it won't work. 

Thanks.

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2023

@Matt Richards currently only products that a user has 'full access' to appear in the Switch to menu. My best suggestion for now is to ensure they have the right URL and ask them to bookmark it.

@Ben Gallant we're working on adding the capability for you to select an existing group to be contributors. It's coming soon! We're in the late stages of development and testing, because there are permissions involved we don't want to rush it out before it's ready.

Like Ben Gallant likes this
Matt Richards August 30, 2023

@Rohan Swami - Thanks for your message. 

We spoke with Hermance about this at the link below. Frankly we feel like this behavior should be reconsidered. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-questions/JPD-Not-Shown-in-List-of-Apps/qaq-p/2439946

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
August 31, 2023

Thanks @Matt Richards , I've replied to your comment there to explain both how / why we got there and where to from here. Hope that helps. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events