Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Software Performance is very slow

Haim Bar Ilan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2018

Hi,

we have a problem with our Jira software cloud, we use the system from several of our sites based in Israel and the USA. can you help me debug why we have those issues?
the major performance issue is when loading the site and move between screens.

what additional data do I need to provide to find the root cause?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2018

Hi @Haim Bar Ilan,

As you are talking about JIRA Cloud, I would be limiting my response to JIRA configurations and usage. The systems and memory related issues should be addressed by Atlassian support team.

Following items result in heavy usage of JIRA:

• Many custom fields are defined and are used in most of the projects/issues
  • Large set of boards (Shared and private) are being used where each board loads several hundred of tickets
  • Multiple users performing BULK UPDATES
  • Cross application linking, where in JIRA tries to fetch metadata from other Atlassian tools that are linked using application links.
  • Issue transitions use conditions, validators and post functions.
  • Issues have a large set of attachments and comments
  • JIRA attachment size configuration is more than Atlassian recommended size 
  • JIRA contains hundreds of projects and workflows. General practice should be to identify if the workflows and schemes can be reused
  • The JIRA system dashboard has lot of gadgets that need to be rendered which take time to load

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Haim Bar Ilan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, we only started using Jira a month ago. our site is pretty empty without any big dashboards or big data issues.

i will contact Atlassian support.

Like Ravi Varma likes this
ian_finlay June 4, 2020

> Issues have a large set of attachments and comments

What is large? I might have 5 screen shots (2 Mb each)  or a 30 screen recording (maybe 10 Mb) and a max of 30 comments. Would that be considered large?

• JIRA attachment size configuration is more than Atlassian recommended size What is the recommended size?

Thanks 

Ian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events