How to query issues in a specific closed sprint?

Ramesh October 27, 2021

I need to build a query to filter issues closed in a specific sprint. 
Using the sprint value & issue type/ status - brings all the issues that are closed in future sprints also.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2021

Hi @Ramesh ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I think you are using JQL while you refer query.  Are you looking for issues closed in a sprint and also  specific project or any issues closed in that previous closed sprint?

Please confirm.

Ramesh December 15, 2021

hi @Suvradip Paul  Sorry for the late response.
yes, you are right JQL am referring to.

"issues closed in a previously closed sprint for a specific project"
something equivalent of the sprint report seen under the reports.

Thanks

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Ramesh ,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please try something like this?

Project = XXX and Sprint = YYY and status in (Closed, Done)

YYY - Here refers to the Previous Sprint details.  In the above example the last status can be Closed and Done. If it's different, please update your query accordingly.

Ramesh December 15, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul 

sorry this one will get me the issues that are completed in future sprint also. some reason JQL ignore the sprint value and yields all the issues in the project that matches to the given status.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2021

Hi @Ramesh ,

I think no, If I slightly modify the query and specify the Closed Sprints details here it should give me the issues only done as part of the Closed Sprint but not any future sprints.

The below would bring all the issues in that project in closed sprints.

Project = XXX and Sprint in (closedSprints()) and status in (Closed, Done)

Like Ramesh likes this
0 votes
Ramesh December 15, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul 

this will help, but I need this for a specific sprint not all closed sprint.
Project = XXX and Sprint in (closedSprints()) and status in (Closed, Done)

Objective is to get a confluence link for each sprint to show the number of issues against various status.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2021

Hi @Ramesh ,

I have an alternative thought.

Could you please look into this Knowledgebase Article to bring Jira Reports to Confluence - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-bring-jira-and-jira-agile-reports-into-confluence-779163801.html and try to bring Sprint Report in confluence similarly?

Please check and let me know if this helps or in case you think otherwise.

Like Ramesh likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events