Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud for iOS has a brand new issue list widget

What widget?

Yes, indeed, you read the title of this article correctly. The Jira Cloud app for iOS has just released a new widget for your iPhone's home screen (or Today View) called the Issue List widget. Unleash the confetti!

Learn more about widgets for iOS

As you might know, we previously released a glorious Issue Counter widget that enables you to monitor ever-changing numbers of issues in four different filters:

IMG_7387.PNG

Image: Issue Counter widget on iPhone Home Screen

Now, we're introducing a brand new Issue List widget that displays a beautiful list of issues – including issue summary, key, and status – within a filter:

IMG_7380.PNG

Image: Issue list widget on iPhone Home Screen

As you can see above, the Issue List widget shows the top five issues from your selected filter, and clearly displays the filter name (in case you forget which category of issues you're looking at), plus the total number of issues in that filter.

A couple of words about interactions

As you would expect, tapping on an issue in the widget will take you directly to the full issue detail screen inside the app:

2.gif

Image: Issue tap interaction animation

And when you tap on the title of the filter at the top of the widget, you will go to the full list of issues in that filter, inside the app:

1.gif

Image: Filter title tap interaction animation

And some iPad love

Did we mention you can use widgets on iPad, too? On a bigger screen, we support a bigger type of widget. And, of course, you can select any JQL-based filter and have multiple widgets on your screen:

Simulator Screen Shot - iPad mini (6th generation) - 2022-05-26 at 20.46.25.png

Image: iPad Home Screen with two Jira Issue List widgets

How do I get the widget?

Go to your iPhone's home screen, and long-press an empty space (or a widget). When all the apps start to jiggle, select + at the top of your screen, then choose the Jira widget.

We hope this new widget will allow you to focus on your most important tasks, reach your goals quicker, and discover even more ways to work efficiently. 

3 comments

kemobetter August 30, 2022

Is there anything like this for Android?

Like Erik Stens likes this
Oskarosh September 12, 2022

I need that! Maybe this widget will make me organized and help me remember all the most important things I have to do. I always forget about something, and it can be really awkward sometimes. Unfortunately, I own an Android device, and I have not found anything like this for Android devices. There are apps intended for organizing, but they are not that good and colorful. I will check zumroad.com regularly in case someone releases an app like this. But I think I would rather buy an iPhone than look for Android analogies for years. Sometimes iOS is just better.

Erik Stens November 26, 2022

Please work on an Android version, I'm not buying an iPad just for this widget.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events