Repository size exceeds limit - not allowing to push new changes though within limits

Deleted user May 15, 2020

One of our repository breached the size limit due to merging a large chunk of commits from different repo. After bitbucket doesn't like that, it restricted new changes being pushed to the repo.

Hence performed the following to get things back to normal, 

1. Hard reset the entire set of comments - So the there will be only one branch with only one commit in it
  2. Force push the changes in the branch. That should practically nuked every files and changes in the repository
  3. I cloned the repository in a new folder and did the following ' git count-objects -Hv'

count: 0
size: 0 bytes
in-pack: 489
packs: 1
size-pack: 1.68 MiB
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0 bytes

Looks like its well within the size limit though I was not able to push any changes to the repository.

Bit-bucket size : 926.2 MB

Any idea or any other way to git rid of the issue 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2022

Hi @[deleted] and @Alex Koxaras _Relational_,

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ thank you for flagging this! I can see that @[deleted] created a support ticket around the same time that this community post was created, and the issue was resolved there (a garbage collection was run on the Bitbucket repo).

@[deleted], if you need anything further, please feel free to reach out!

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

Maybe @Theodora Boudale or @Caroline R could help you on this!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events