Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to remove Components from a project?

Edited

Having a project team with a clear side bar ,without Components, is the goal here.

So you can have a screen with out components but still the project has this on the side.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 13-19-06 REQDEMO7 board - Agile Board - Jira.png

The rest of the side bar is controlled by the Features setting, does anyone know how to accomplish this?

EDIT: sorry if this wasn't clear my objectives are due to the organization that deals with various levels of technical knowledge, so I often try to simplify things. Many projects in this organization are not using components and never will and I would like them to not see it in the side bar.

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 02, 2022

Hi @Sean ,

unfortunately you cannot remove Components from the sidebar. 

@Sean -

I agreed with what @Jack Brickey stated, one cannot remove "Components" listing from the side bar even if the project doesn't use it.  Components is a default functionality of Jira/JSM application in both Cloud/Server envs.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Since we can't remove the components on the sidebar, would you want to change the permission so people can not make edit to the components even if they see it?  Would that help to achieve your goal even though it's not ideal?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 02, 2022

agree...understanding more completely your objective may lead to an acceptable solution.

Like Zhangyesen likes this

agree too.  By default, only project Administrators role members can manage components in both Jira/JSM applications.

Best, Joseph

I don't think this would be possible on Cloud. You might be able to do it on Server\DC using ScriptRunner though.

Can ScriptRunner be run in Cloud?Because It is a frame?

Like Jira itself, ScriptRunner for Server is a very different application than ScriptRunner for Cloud.

SR for Server has a concept called "Script Fragments" that can, among other things, be used to manipulate the Jira UI, and I think could maybe hide things like the 'Components' menu option.

However the Cloud architecture doesn't give add-ons a way to get at this functionality; my guess is they were doing some pretty low-level hackery to make changes that are OK in a single-instance box but would never be safe\secure\scalable in a multi-tenant architecture.

Like Sean likes this

Thank you,I often want to make some changes to the original UI of Jira Cloud like the title owner, and I'm worried about this!

0 votes

I'd want to know why you are trying to remove components in the first place? This is a OOTB functionality, and can be used for many different reasons. 

We have a very large group of projects that are not using it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events