I pulled a Cumulative Flow Diagram for our last sprint (I adjusted the dates to be in line with my sprint dates). (2 August 2021 to 18 August 2021)
If I look at the diagram - the number of issues does not seem correct.
The diagram reflects 0 - 150 Dev Done,
150 - 200 (i.e total of 50) In Progress
200 - 400 (i.e 200) To Do.
See attached for diagram
The correct totals as per my sprint report should be as per the below.
Grand Total 133
I am reading the diagram incorrectly? The dates at the bottom of the diagram is correct.
One key point(as @Elliot Reiter mentioned) is that the Cumulative Flow Diagram does not automatically align with your Sprint start/end dates.
As you try to make the numbers line up, start by adjusting the start date and end date of this report to match the time-box of the Sprint you are interested in (top-left).
Also, review what's in the "Refine Report" settings, to ensure that all your Columns are included, the desired swimlanes are all represented, and no quick filters are selected.
Finally, remember that this diagram illustrates an ongoing cumulative total for the project. It does not reset at the beginning of a sprint, for example, as the Burn Up and Burn Down charts do. The intention of this chart is to help you compare long-term trends in the project.
Yes, and...to what @Mykenna Cepek suggests:
Atlassian's interpretation of a CFD supports teams using continuous flow, like a Kanban method-using team. You can adjust the behavior a bit for a Scrum team if you add a quick filter which specifically includes your sprint of interest and select it under Refine Report, such as:
Hi @Vanessa Becker ,
I'd suggest you have a look at the filter for the board which you are pulling the report, specifically along these lines:
I had this recently where our Epic's shared statuses to our Stories, whilst the Epic is useful to the team from an organisational point of view it's not entirely accurate to show it on the cumulative flow since the team never really actively work at the Epic issue type level.
We had similar where we are using advanced roadmaps and had some other issue types higher in our heirarchy. E.G We have a "Feature" above our Epic's.
Between tweaking workflow statuses and the refinement on the report as per Elliot's suggestion I think you should be able to get the cumulative flow to be more accurate and useful.
Hi @Vanessa Becker . I'm not 100% sure, as I don't really use this report, but look into this. Check the Refine Reports options. If you have more than one swim lane, try one swim lane at a time. Also try selecting one status column at a time (or just remove "DONE" first) and see if that helps to reduce the number of issues shown. I don't see a way to select a sprint, so this report looks at all issues, not just in a specific sprint.