Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add image or pre filled text box to Servicedesk customer portal

Vanessa Becker November 2, 2021

Hi Admins!

How do i add a text box or image with pre defined text to my customer request form for a customer to see the SLA on priorities i.e. how long it will take if they choose a priority in a drop down list?Portal.jpg

For example

Critical  - 1 hour SLA

High - 2 hour SLA

Medium  - 1 Day SLA

Etc.

All the custom fields available seems to have an empty field or fields you need to choose?

Attached the form i would like to add it to.

Thanks

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Bharath
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2021

Hi Vanessa,

If you already have such a field created in your project, follow the below steps:

1. Go to project settings
  2. Click on request types
  3. Search for your issue type and click on that
  4. You should see three options and one of them is a request form
  5. From there you can add a field

If not, you have to create a custom drop-down field and then follow the above steps. You could also description to that.

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker ,

Out of the box there is no way to add a "label" kind of field on a form. All the form controls you see are linked to a (custom) field.

You could add the text in the Description of the priority field (you can play around with some notation to set enters/bold font/.. https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all

or even in the Description/Help on the top of the form.

If you really want more flexibility in these things you might want to look towards an app called ProForma which was (recently) acquired by Atlassian.

0 votes
Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2021

Hello @Vanessa Becker,

As I understand, you want to add informative text for customers. You can achieve it using our app Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. It allows you to define banners for request form (it can be different on each requests type) where you can put information which you need. It's configurable in global settings in app's section called "Announcement banner".

This app also provides additional features such as the possibility to edit requests or show the workflow for customers (called "Request steps").

Another option is to put this information in the Field help under the Customer priority field. You can do it in project settings in the request type configuration.

I hope that it helps.

Cheers,

Appsvio

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events