Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pull Rank" in Feature (Jira Epics) not showing options Push Rank to External System; how to resolve

Vinay Sharma April 21, 2021

We have Jira Align and Jira Cloud integrated. We need to push Features (Jira Epics) ranks from Jira Align to Jira Software.

In the Features (Jira Epics) backlog list, when I click "Pull Rank" unable to see options Push Rank to External System or Pull Rank from the External System

On clicking "Pull Rank" message is shown up - Use Epic (JA) (Program Level) rank to sort Features (Jira Epics). 

How can I view the options - Push Rank to External System or Pull Rank from the External System.

Checked under  Administration -> Connectors -> Jira Setting -> Jira Setup tab -> Settings "Enable Rank Sync is set to "Yes". Pls. suggest.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Vinay Sharma 

The ability to rank in external tools is a role setting in Admin- Roles- Program (and Team I think :). 

The toggle(s) must be enabled for users (by role) to push rank to Jira.  If the toggle is not enabled, then you will not get the "push/pull rank" option int he drop down menu regardless of your Tier 1 (Context Menu) settings. 

I hope this answer helps! 

Thanks Tina!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kyle Foreman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hi Vinay,

Check your Context Menu to see if a PI/Release is selected. Pushing/pulling to an external system (e.g. Jira) is only available in the global Program backlog (when only a Program is selected in the Context Menu) because Jira does not have a concept of PI/Release. This helps keep the two backlogs in sync.

-Kyle

Thanks Kyle!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events