Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What permission allows user to do features/capabilities estimation?

sachin gangam May 28, 2021

Hello All,

I am trying to find the setting that will allow RTEs to estimate features/capabilities from backlog view. I tried going through all the permissions but I can't seem to find any. Currently RTEs have "Estimation" option, but when they click on it. it takes them to "oops you need more permissions" page.

Appreciate your help. 

Capture.PNG

Thank you,
Sachin.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2021

Hi @sachin gangam !

For the System Role assigned to the RTEs, make sure that the "Estimation" toggle is on under the TEAM > Manage section (it has to be on at the team level to allow access to the page, even though it's program level functionality). 

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.40.46 AM.png

Awesome! Thanks @Mark Cruth 

Also, our Product Manager mentioned she can't change a Program Increment on a feature. She thought maybe she needed to change the capability first and then follow the hierarchy but she can't change the capability either. Can you please help me which toggle needs to be turned on to enable PMs to add PIs to the features?

Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2021

@sachin gangam - which view can your Product Manager not update the Program Increment on? Is the work item itself? If you can send a screenshot that would help us troubleshoot :-)

Yes, this is in the work item itself. As a super admin seems like I can't edit the PI too. I only see "unassigned backlog" in the dropdown.

Capture.PNGCapture_1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2021

Ah! I see. Make sure that the Program Increments (PIs) you want available are part of the parent object (looks like the Epic is Aggregation). The PIs available to be selected are only those PIs associated with the parent Epic. If you add additional PIs to the Epic you should see them appear in the Program Increment field.

Like sachin gangam likes this

Got it! Thanks again for quick response @Mark Cruth 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events