What impacts will the epic link to parent field change have on the jira align-jira connector?

Michiko Quinones October 26, 2022

In reference to this article

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/upcoming-changes-epic-link-replaced-with-parent/

What impact will this have on jira align to jira connector configuration? 

3 answers

0 votes
Erwann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2022

Hi,

We can confirm that the new API changes for the parent field are already implemented in the connector's logic.

As a result, there will be no impact to Jira Cloud connector following the deprecation/transition to parent field. 

Story to Epic link under "Jira Setup" is currently mandatory.
For any new Jira Cloud connector after the cut-over, it can have any value but the connector will look at Parent field in Jira Cloud.
We are looking into making this field as not mandatory in the future for Jira Cloud.

0 votes
Shannon Wright November 2, 2022

I wouldn't think so due to you are simply mapping the field ID in the Align connector to the field used for the linking in Jira.  When the connector sees the field mapped, it would know to look at the corresponding linked Parent(Epic) from the story.

Michiko Quinones November 4, 2022

Hey Shannon!  Yes I was thinking the same thing until I saw the screen shots.  The article refers to the new Parent as a 'concept' not a 'field'.  And there's quite a lot of functionality around it - like the fact that it will be in the breadcrumbs.  So I'm wondering if it acts like a regular custom field or not.  

0 votes
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

@Kyle Foreman Any Jira connector impacts with the updates in the article that are being referenced?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events