Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sounds simple but Atlassian made searching for a feature way too complicated!

Roger January 12, 2022

What should be a fairly/very straightforward task in Jira Align - doing a global search ("magnifying glass" at the top right) to find a feature using the feature number - is turning out to be a nightmare! I tried several ways including using the "#" (e.g: #133223) in front of the number but no dice. 

To add to the misery - I couldn't find any answers by googling either - apparently all Jira Align users have had official training from Atlassian. Seriously - I'm beyond surprised at the usability/user experience or lack thereof for jira align.

3 answers

1 vote
Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2022

@Roger , @Derek Huether is correct. You may not be assigned as a team member of the Program that the feature is associated with. The team membership controls what data you can access in Jira Align. You can also search for Jira Align work items by the Jira ID or keyword in the work item search (magnifying glass icon in the upper right)

1 vote
Derek Huether
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2022

@Roger there is a good possibility that you don't have the right level of permissions or team membership to view the feature you're searching for, even if you know the feature number.

For clarification, after initial deployment, your organization should be training you (not Atlassian). Your Jira Admin should first configure your account and permissions and then provide you with training, to ensure you see the work you need to do your job. 

Have you escalated this issue within your organization?
If they can not resolve the issue, I would recommend opening a service request.

Regards,
Derek

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 2.38.11 PM.png

0 votes
Roger January 14, 2022

@Derek Huether & @Sam Tsubota - you're both correct. The issue was I had to be added to the solution train - which I didn't know until after I started asking around. There still are a few usability issues that I see w/ Jira Align but even those may be related to how the admins set it up.

(PS: unrelated to the set up, I feel that Jira Align could've provided a lot more "tool tips" on a lot of the text items - since there are so many different functionalities/legends etc. )

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events