Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security concerns Jira Align

Thomas Matthews September 3, 2021

Hello All,

The company i work for is considering to switch to Jira Align. I have talked to an ex colleague of mine who is already using it and think it's a great product. However he was not sure about my question so maybe someone can help me out on this.

When Jira align we want certain stories/issues to be only available to one sector given the sensitivity of the content. Our R&D department wants that only a set of people can see their tickets and not the whole company (e.g. general IT). So my question: is it possible to use a feature similar to "issue security scheme" in Jira Software, that restricts users from seeing certain cards?

I was not able to find an answer to that question in the available documentation online, so really hoping that someone can help me out on this.

1 answer

1 vote
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2021

The team --and the teams level in the organizational structure --are typically used to control who can and cannot see work.  The possibility exists to also create "private" portfolios which can further restrict who can see the work.

Thomas Matthews September 6, 2021

Thank you Allan, this clarifies my question. Any chance there is some official documentation available about this or an article with the best practices, so I can share and discuss this with the other scrum masters in my company?

Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2021

I would start with the Assign Team Roles article.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events