Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same team looking after Jira service desk project & agile scrum project board, What is the best way?

Roshan Milinda November 11, 2021

Hey Guys,

Looking for advice from Jira experts.

My dev team is looking after a Jira service desk project and an agile scrum project for the same software development project. 

I am exploring what is the best way to handle this rather than having to look after 2 projects separately. Also, I like to hear how everyone else is looking after support requests while working on sprints to develop features.  

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2021

In most cases, I would say the dev team should be on agile process and development project and IT support tech should be taking care of the JSM project and forwarding issues to that team. This reduces the dev team being responsible for two projects. 

Now that team field is available with advance road maps with premium access it helps to route issue to teams. 

ITSM can be used for multiple team access. I do believe they shouldn't have to administrate it only work from dev tickets that come in. 

You can also clone issue and automate a process to clone issue to their projects for development bugs or other reasons. 

I hope this helps. 

Roshan Milinda November 11, 2021

Much appreciated, @Aaron Geister 

The main issue I am facing is since we just released the MVP, many of the support tickets are software-related issues/bugs that need dev involvement.

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2021

Two ways I have handled this in the past. 

1st. Add dev team to project use a team responsible field with automation to alert that team of issue and allow themselves to add an assigned user from that team. 

2nd. Create an automation when a dev issue comes to the ITSM project have it automate the issue to clone the issue into the dev project as a bug or task. Have it carry all information and link the issues together. 

I would try one of these two options. 

Like Roshan Milinda likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events