Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflecting updated workflow states in JIRA

badong.jm January 4, 2022

If in case project teams update their existing workflows in JIRA, what do we need to do to reflect those changes in JIRA Align? Example they one team removed 2 states in the workflow.

I tried to run a config synch but the workflow states in JIRA Align are still showing old states.

1 answer

1 vote
Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2022

Hi @badong.jm ! Great question! Config sync will bring in new statuses when you change the workflow (net new to Jira) but  won't update how you've set up the Jira Status = Jira Align State mapping for a project.

When updating workflows in Jira and getting them to properly reflected in Jira Align, you will need to update two places (three if you are doing process step mapping).

1. Admin > Jira Settings > State Mapping Tab: Here you will add/remove the mapping from Jira to Jira Align for each level of issue type. Note that these mappings are SHARED so if other teams/projects are using the status you will not want to remove it here. 
  2. Admin > Jira Settings > Manage Projects > Select the "State Mapping" link on the row for the Jira Project: Here you will update how Jira Align updates Jira statuses. This mapping is not shared so you will want to add/remove the mapped status on the state tab. If you are using process steps instead of states you will update the process steps tab (instead of the state tab).
  3. (If you're using process steps) - review the following community article and following the steps again: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Mapping-States-Steps-and-Statuses-between-Jira-Align-and-Jira/ba-p/1354724

If removing statuses, I recommend doing the status removal in Jira, updating/migrating issues to the appropriate statuses in Jira, then going to Jira Align and doing the removal. If you are adding a new status, then I would add the status in Jira (don't migrate issues to the new status yet), update Jira Align, and then migrate issues to the new status in Jira (this will ensure work items get the right status in Jira Align once updated in Jira).

I'd also recommend walking through the integration guide (specifically the workflow sections) - think of it like you're setting up a workflow for the first time again :-)

https://help.jiraalign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000088854-10X-Jira-Integration-Guide

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events