Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative impacts from turning on the Approach toggle on features to enable Multi-ART Features

Olivia Biedenstein January 14, 2022

Our team recently learned about the "Approach" toggle that can be enabled on features to allow multi-release train features. Our team is thinking about turning this on to allow better transparency on work that is needed from dependent release trains. Before turning it on I had a couple of questions I wanted to clarify. 

1. I see that you can only select the primary release trains PI's. Does this mean that the feature will not show up on the release train board for the other release trains that have work associated? 

2. Has anyone seen any negative impacts of turning this on? 

Any insight from teams who have enabled this would be very helpful. Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Tina Behers January 14, 2022

Olivia 

based on my understanding of the problem you are trying to solve above. This will not solve your issue.  

given that Features may only :

1) be assigned to a single PI 

2) integrate to a single JIRA project (and maintain synchronizations) 

unless all associated trains are working g in the same PI this approach will not provide visibility - especially on the affiliated program boards. 

I would recommend 2 things- 

1)easy solution- enable program to program (if in same portfolio but different PIs) and portfolio dependencies (if in different portfolios) or use external dependencies on each board to reflect the team level dependencies (the last is a hack - and should be last resort) 

2) conduct a value stream workshop and portfolio workshop to gain better alignment on your system/product and value flows in order to align trains appropriately. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events