cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Jira instances to 1 Align instance

sangeetha.ravichandran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

We have 3 Jira instances and are looking to connect to 1 Jira Align instance via the connector. 

I believe connection from more than one Jira-to-Align ART is not possible (as of this week), are we still able to have a more than one Jira to Align Portfolio connection? 

Could someone please confirm if we are able to proceed with connecting multiple Jira instances to 1 Align instance? 

3 answers

1 vote
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2024

Could someone please confirm if we are able to proceed with connecting multiple Jira instances to 1 Align instance? 

Yes, you can connect multiple instances of Jira and a single instance of Align.  You will need multiple Connectors, one for each instance of Jira.  You may also need to check you license agreement; I believe the 3 connectors are included in the basic license agreement, but more can be added.

If your Jira Align instance is in the Cloud, you will need to create a support request to enable the additional Connectors.  If you are on-prem, it is probably still a good idea to contact Atlassian support for specific instructions on starting the additional Connector background processess.

1 vote
Karan Madaan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2024

@sangeetha.ravichandran you can connect more than 1 Jira instance to Jira align, however if the intent is to connect Jira projects from 2 different Jira instance under one Jira Align Program, that's not possible.

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hi @sangeetha.ravichandran 

As described in this community question, you may need to consider issue sync into one Jira Project and then connect Jira Align into it

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-questions/Can-Jira-Align-be-integrated-with-2-or-more-instnaces-of-Jira/qaq-p/1302786#

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events