Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align PI is not getting reflected in Feature (Jira Epic) in Jira. How to resolve it?

Vinay Sharma February 22, 2021

We have Jira Align and Jira Cloud integrated. "Program Increment" read only text field has been configured and mapped to Jira Align.

"Program Increment" updated in Jira Align is not getting reflected in Jira for a particular Feature (Jira Epic). It looks like any changes done in a particular Feature (Jira Epic) in Jira Align i.e., mapping to program increment, change in the summary, description etc. not getting reflected in Jira.

However, for other Features (Jira Epics) changes done in Jira Align i.e., assigning of "Program Increment", summary, description are getting reflected in Jira.

What could be the reason; how to resolve it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Vinay Sharma ! Here are a few initial thoughts...

• Did you happen to check the Audit Log in Jira Align for the specific Feature to see if there are any errors occurring?
  • If you make a change in Jira for the specific feature, does it update in Jira Align?
  • If you have Admin access, I would also check Administration > Jira Settings > Manage Projects Tab > View Logs (check the Issues log and the API log for errors)

If the above troubleshooting results in no new information, I'd recommend submitting a support request so that one of the Atlassian Support Engineers can help troubleshoot. Here's the link to submit: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Vinay Sharma February 23, 2021

Thanks Mark; the audit log is showing the following error:

Failed to update JiraID : 62229 - Response: 400 BadRequest Json: {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_10004":"Field 'customfield_10004' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

Additionally, the changes done in Jira are getting reflected in Jira Align i.e., status update

Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Vinay Sharma ! Looks like there's a custom field being mapped in Jira Align that is having trouble getting set in Jira. In Jira Align check the Admin > Jira Settings > Jira Setup Tab to figure out what field customfield_10004 is and then make sure in Jira that the value appears on the add/edit/view screens in Jira. 

Vinay Sharma February 24, 2021

@Mark Cruth 

Thanks Mark; the issue has been resolved!

0 votes
Aslam Cader February 24, 2021

Hi @Vinay Sharma - The update is not going through due to the field being a read-only text field. You will need to add the "Program Increment" field to your create and edit screens in Jira Software.

Here is a community article by Rae Gibbs which details the best practices for issue fields when integrating Jira Software with Jira Align https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Jira-and-Jira-Align-Integration-Issue-Field-Best-Practices-for/ba-p/1537120

Vinay Sharma February 24, 2021

@Aslam Cader 

Thanks Aslam; the issue has been resolved!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events