Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have any best practices for migration -one Jira Align instance to another Jira Align instance?

Vinay Sharma December 16, 2021

Do we have any best practices for migration from one Jira Align instance to another Jira Align instance; pls. share.

2 answers

1 vote
Richard Wilson December 16, 2021

I would encourage you to raise a ticket with Atlassian support to allow them to move the db for use. 

The export, import functionality of work items does not capture all the data required and does not include the custom terminology, portfolio, programs etc. 

You may want to do copy your production Jira Align instance to test for example.  

0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

@Vinay Sharma  I will very enthusiastically second the answer provided by @Richard Wilson

To do otherwise will result in less than desirable results and or a TON of manual work.  i.e the configuration (platform, Roles, etc) is not able to be moved via export/import.  When you export/import work objects (Epics, Feature, Stories, etc) the history is lost/not imported.  Some work items or tracking are simply not available to move any way other than the DB restore (simplifying) that Atlassian ONLY is able to do. 

I believe the team does these refreshes once a month.  I would recommend putting your request in a month before you want to refresh.  

This is the same process to be followed if you want your JA test instance refreshed from Production - You are provided a distinct number of those per year with your purchase of the software.  

Reach out to your TAM or Premier Support team member for more information on the number available to you.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events