Custom Survey's not being received by users

Michelle Carroll January 12, 2023

I have established custom surveys for an Inspect & Adapt session as well as a Program Increment retro, with the survey configured to email myself in the first instance as a test.

When I hit send and confirm to send, the email is not being sent.  I have checked all settings/permissions and all looks in order.  Any ideas on how I might solve this problem?  

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2023

Hi Michelle,

There's two places to look for more information:

1. Email Settings

Please check

Administration > Email Settings

and see what the setting "Send only password emails" is set to.

If it is set to "Yes", then only password reset emails will be sent from Jira Align.

If it is set to "No", then all email notifications will be sent from Jira Align

To send emails from custom Surveys, it's necessary to have this setting configured to "No".

2. Email Logs

Please check

Administration > Email Log

and see if you can see if there is any information in the logs showing that the emails were sent.

If the "Send only password emails" setting is set to "No" and the Email Log is not displaying any emails are being sent by your Jira Align instance, then please raise a Support ticket with screenshots of those areas so that we can check the backend logs to determine what is occurring.

Michelle Carroll January 15, 2023

Thanks Heidi.  I will raise a support ticket as the email settings are correct as per the above and there is nothing showing in the logs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events