Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Sprints in Team Managed Projects in Jira

Farhan Ali March 26, 2022

Their should be a way in which we can run parallel sprints in team managed projects aswell. What could be the disadvantage of not having it?

1 comment

Philipp Barry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hi @Farhan Ali

I think the Jira community or the community for team-managed projects would be a better place to discuss this matter.

Personally, I prefer to stay away from more than 1 active sprint on one board. The use case for more than 1 active sprint on one board is usually something along the lines of "there is more than 1 team working on this board". From my POV, it is a better practice to create a individual board for each team so they have one clear place which holds the truth about their past, current and future work. Even if multiple teams work on one backlog, Jira supports this nicely.

I hope this perspective helped you.

Best regards

Philipp

Shannon Wright August 4, 2022

I agree with @Philipp Barry , creating a separate board for each team is easily done via your filter for the board and gets you away from viewing multiple active sprints on a single board.  

You can still set up a consolidated board if the need arises where all sprints are visible, but in my experience with connecting boards to Jira Align, the single active sprints per board is best and recommended.  

This is a great article to review regarding sprint best practices with Jira Algn
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Jira-and-Jira-Align-Integration-Sprint-Best-Practices/ba-p/1907564

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events