When switching from Agile type teams to Kanban Type teams:
1. Existing sprints associated to the team will persist in the Jira Align sprint grid.
2. Stories assigned to sprints from the team will maintain their sprint assignment
3. Newly created stories associated to the team and stories that were not assigned to a sprint but were associated to the team will lose their sprint field.
4. The team Room will change to Kanban views for all Team data being driven by throughout and PIs as opposed to sprints
When switching from Kanban type teams to Agile Teams:
1. The Team Room will change from a Kanban view back to the traditional scrum sprint view.
2. Stories associated to the team that did not have a sprint field will gain a sprint field.
3. Stories that maintained a sprint field if they were previously Agile will maintain their sprint field.
4. Stories without sprints (legacy stories) will be in the unassigned team backlog
1. Kanban Teams are driven by PI. So it will be important to ensure PI's are assigned for the Kanban team's associated work.
2. If you flip from Agile to Kanban the stories that were in an active sprint will still be associated to that active sprint.
3. If you flip from Kanban to Agile then assign stories to an active sprint it would be reflected as scope change
4. There is an open bug tied to being unable to flip Kanban Teams back to Agile if there are multiple teams with the same Sprint Prefix which can be tracked here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAALIGN-809
Please let us know if there are any additional questions on specifics in the comments below!
Tim KeyesAtlassian Team
Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events