Q: What do I do if the future dates of Jira sprints are misaligned on the Jira Align Sprint Board under Jira Management > Jira Sprints?
1. Jira does not assign date ranges to future sprints without interference from an add-on. The Jira Align connector predicts the future sprint dates based on PI anchor dates and existing Jira Align sprints. The Jira connector will align future Jira sprints based on their sequential order on their respective Jira board and the sequential order of Jira Align PI anchor dates. Common reasons for future Jira sprints to be misaligned include the creation and later deletion of a bucket sprint for planning in Jira and improperly managed PI long sprints in support of a Kanban cadence. If your future sprints are misaligned, it will most likely look something like this.
2. Once you recognize that future Jira sprints are misaligned on the Jira Align sprint board, you should proceed to the PI Sync Sprints tab. Go to Program > Manage > Program Increments > select the PI corresponding to the Program the Jira Board is mapped to > Sync Sprints tab. You should verify your active Jira sprint is on the same cadence as the Jira Align anchor sprints plus or minus the assigned buffer days under Jira Settings > Jira Setup.
3. After verifying your Jira board is on the same cadence as the Jira Align PI, you should check the sprint grid for any sprints sharing an anchor date with another sprint or sprints that are past their completion date, but still open. Move any sprints past their completion date that are still open to the Completed status. If you have the toggle under Jira Settings > Jira Setup > Create Sprints in Jira Align from Jira set to Yes, you should ensure there is only one team sprint for each PI anchor sprint by deleting any duplicate sprints. If you have the toggle under Jira Settings > Jira Setup > Create Sprints in Jira Align from Jira set to No, you should make sure there is an Jira Align team sprint created for each anchor sprint and delete any duplicates.
4. After cleaning up the sprint grid, you should return to the Jira Align sprint board, and then click Resync Future Sprints, which will null Jira Align’s predicted sprint dates for the Jira future sprints and repopulate the dates based on the PI anchor sprints and existing Jira Align sprints. If Create Sprints in Jira Align from Jira is set to Yes, the connector will create new team sprints based on the PI anchor sprints if necessary. If Create Sprints in Jira Align from Jira is set to No, the connector will only map to existing team sprints.
5. The Board Sync Start Time will reappear in the upper right corner of the board, notifying you that the resync is completed. This process can take 10 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the board. If Synchronize sprint names from Jira to Jira Align is set to Yes, the names will resync over upon the next automated board sync, which is set under Jira Settings > Jira Setup > Timer on Jira Boards.
Tim KeyesAtlassian Team
(Or, What to expect when you’re expanding.) Once you've completed your Jumpstart, or your initial assessment of Jira Align, you'll start to think about how you can roll it out to the rest of your e...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events