• Community
  • Products
  • Hipchat
  • Questions
  • please tell me where to find documentation and examples to create a bot for "hip chat" is highly desirable, if there is a library for python like "jira api python"

please tell me where to find documentation and examples to create a bot for "hip chat" is highly desirable, if there is a library for python like "jira api python"

This question is in reference to Atlassian Developer Documentation: Getting Started

Ask your question here...

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Aug 05, 2016

Some tutorials can be found here.

The libraries that are available are listed here (there are some for Python).

I'm in this document simply does not find anything about bots

Here's some high level documentation for HipChat that shows what the HipChat APIs allow. Any script that integrates with HipChat using these APIs could rightly be called a bot.
You can also use the Bot Lab to construct bots without having to code to the HipChat APIs:
Here's a page which lists various known frameworks for making bots for HipChat. https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/using-bots-in-hipchat-753404057.html and here's the frameworks currently listed on that page:

and not tell whether there was an example of code on a python bot , that is, the source code of any bot , it is better if he writes a text message just to chat?

I also have the same question. I was also going to create a chatbot support for my website. I know a little bit about python coding so how will it help me in creating the Chatbot? I have also asked Microsoft Support UK and waiting for there answer.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

241 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you