Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I increase rate limit for hipchat?

fullname
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2016

Hello.
Currently for personal API v2 token I have 100 requests limit per 5 minutes. I need increase it to 500. Looks like the only possible way is create integration, right?  But I found only integrations for rooms. Where can I find docs for creating integration with ability to manage users also (same way like with personal admin token). Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2016

Rate Limiting is the information I have and it points to the HipChat documentation. I don't think you can customize it for Cloud, but for Server you can do something like the following unsupported customization. At least it worked some time ago:

sudo /bin/dont-blame-hipchat

cd /some-temporary-directory

wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/10804/398881/z2gifyjdKPe14r8/ratelimit.py

export HIPCHATTOKEN=your_apiv2_auth_token

export HIPCHATRATELIMIT=2000

python ratelimit.py

curl --include --insecure https://127.0.0.1/v2/user?auth_token=your_apiv2_auth_token
vijayalakshmi February 15, 2016

Hey Bob,

Will this commands work and increase the rate limit for sure?

fullname
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2016

Hey @Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons]

Thanks for clearing it up. I need to increase rate limit for cloud. As far as I know I definitely need to create integration. Just thought there was an easy way smile

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

The command does not change the rate limit. It automatically waits for the rate limit to time out and then proceeds with the request. This ensures that automation can be done that doesn't have to worry about it. Automation users just need to realize the time it takes to get things done may vary a bit.

Tahi Walcher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 10, 2018

Could we get a working link for the python script, this now returns a "Access Denied" error, or is there now a better way of doing this?

Bob Swift _Appfire_ February 12, 2018

Rate Limiting contains updated information we use for our Hipchat environments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events