Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We'd love to hear your feedback on Atlassian Teams!

April Chi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2022

Hi Gov Community 👋

My name is April and I'm a Product Manager on the Atlassian Teams team (see What is Atlassian Teams?). I'd love to hear some feedback from you!

Currently, Atlassian Teams is in its early stages. We're in the midst of product adoption and adding a Teams field to Jira. Before we add more features, I'd like to learn more about the following:

1. How are we using Teams and why do we use them?

2. I'd like to hear about your understanding of team visibility: (1) who can see what teams? (2) who can access what teams? (3) do you work in an organisation where users are from a diff email domain?

3. Do you have confidential teams or teams that you make that you hide from other users?

3. Are there any features of improvements that can be made that you'd like? 

The ultimate goal is to get your feedback and ensure we're spending the time on the right things.

Please comment below to get the discussion started! Let me know if you have any suggestions, thoughts, or concerns.

Prefer a 1:1? Feel free to reach out to me via:

Email: achi@atlassian.com

Calendly: April chi - Book a call (or let me know and I can open up more times)

2 comments

Comment

William Tanner November 15, 2022

Looks like Atlassian Teams is only available in Cloud.  We use Data Center.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

It's there in Data Center as well, which comes along with Advanced Roadmaps I believe!!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

@William Tanner For more reference

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/teams-1044784181.html

You can use this issue field as well

Thoughts?

William Tanner November 16, 2022

Thank you for the reply.  I have been meaning to look into this feature and the link is a nice summary.  Will try it out with one of my teams.

Thanks, again!

Like • Pramodh M likes this
April Chi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2022

Right, good to hear you all user server. Yep, Data Center has Advanced Roadmaps Teams but we're in the process of unifying it with Atlassian Teams, which is only available in Cloud. 

After the migration, there will be a single Team concept for the Team field in Jira. Would be great to get any feedback on how you're using those teams. If you've used Advanced Roadmaps teams, I'd love to hear how you're finding it @Pramodh M @William Tanner  :) 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2022

For me conceptually Teams is quite similar to Jira groups .. However I believe  UX for configuring and adding members to a team is quite easier than groups which lies deep inside the config screens . The best part of teams is using the @mention feature for sharing Confluence pages .. and not sure if the same can be done for Jira comments..

Like • Sam Nadarajan likes this
April Chi
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2022

Hey @Ajay _view26_ , good to hear and thanks for the feedback! Few questions, are you also using Server/DC or are you on Cloud? Also do you play an admin role? 

It'd be interesting to know whether you have Atlassian Teams (see here) that you want to hide from other people. I assume you work in government, are there certain teams that remain confidential and is it clear who can see what Teams? 

Also, you can definitely mention teams in Jira comments, it's baked into the editor. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events