Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just an introduction.

Shane Miller May 26, 2021

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello from Chattanooga TN (Gig City).

I am currently a Senior IT PM for the City of Chattanooga and the site admin for our Atlassian environment. I look forward to good conversations and learning more about the products than I already may know. I also hope that through our experiences at City of Chattanooga we can assist others in issues they may run into across the Atlassian landscape.

I will see you guys in the forums. ;) 

3 comments

Comment

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Welcome to the Community @Shane Miller and the Government Group 👋😄

Shane Miller May 27, 2021
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hello and welcome to the group! @Shane Miller 

I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences. What departments are using Atlassian products within the city of Chattanooga, and where does the Gig City nickname come from?

Carolyn

Like Shane Miller likes this
Shane Miller June 22, 2021

Hi @carolyn french and thank you for asking.

Currently, our IT Department and Capitol Budget Department are utilizing Jira with other departments starting to catch on to the capabilities of the platform. I hope to expand that usage to other city departments as the opportunity shows itself.

The name Gig City came from our fiber network which we have had for quite some time. We were one of the first cities in the US to go full fiber.  Most residents and places of business across the city enjoy  Gig speeds for standard cable internet prices. This is a community-funded and created network in partnership with EPB (Electic Power Board). We are very proud of our ability to not only push the envelope technologically but invite some of the most forward-thinking and cutting edge tech companies to the South East US.

Like carolyn french likes this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

Today I Learned... a ton about Chattanooga and its advanced tech, what a great city!

Sounds like you are a champion looking for those opportunities to bring other departments to see the same value in Jira that we see. There's lots of business team focus these days in Atlassian. Will be interesting to see that feedback in whether those teams can be convinced and onboarded easily.

As a Jira admin, do your teams use 'company-managed' projects (classic projects) only, or a mix of 'company-managed' and 'team-managed'(the formerly next-gen ones)?

Shane Miller March 25, 2022

We really manage a full spectrum of project types and while tasking and day to day communication on projects is great in Jira, we are now looking for a more robust way to mage the project portfolio overall.

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Welcome to the community!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events