Atlassian thoughts on the Infrastructure Bill

Phoebe Nerdahl
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022
Hello, Government Community!
I’m back with more thoughts on the Infrastructure Bill. The IIJA isn’t only about modernizing roads and bridges. It also has $550B allocated for critical investments into forward-thinking priorities such as digital equity, cybersecurity, and resiliency. The bill covers a wide range of investment opportunities into cybersecurity and verification tools. In my blog on making the most of the IIJA, [link to blog], I covered how critical it is for agencies to put “Sec,” aka security, into their DevSecOps practices from day one. It isn’t just because it’s a best practice. It can also help agencies maintain their security posture as they grow, and the IIJA will be a major instigator of growth.

Does your agency have plans to use these funds to help modernize digital equity, cybersecurity, and resiliency? If so, how will this impact your Jira environment?

2 comments

Comment

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Phoebe Nerdahl ,

I find your articles interesting. I just want to ask if this Group, named Government, is dedicated solely for events in the USA ? If so, my bad, it is more than OK, I will just leave it as I am from Canada. If not, would it be possible to mention the countries or other impacted by this article ?

Thank you,

Carmen

Phoebe Nerdahl
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Carmen Nadeau!  This group is for all government questions and discussions.  The above post is specific to a US bill but would love to know how modernization efforts are going with your agency/agency you work with?  

Like Carmen Nadeau likes this
Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hi,

I do not work for the government but for a financial company that closely follows government regulations so I make sure to keep an eye on the subject :)

Carmen

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2022

Oh this is a great idea!! 

I'm sure going to bring this up with our gov't types to see if we align things! 

Thanks for sharing! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events