Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Anyone have confusing or funny government buzzwords?

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

@Jamey Austin needs to pick our brains šŸ§  in his discussion about What corpspeak bothers you the most?

To get the juices flowing, I found this Corporate Buzzword Battle in the Atlantic.

What are ones you've heard in your office, and what should be some alternatives?

Corporate Buzzword battle.png

3 comments

Comment

Stephen King June 22, 2021

How did "Thought Leader" not make the bracket?

Like ā€¢ # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

šŸ˜‚ That's a great one- how did it not make it... Can you use it in a sentence that you've heard before? And then do an interpretation on what it really means?

Like ā€¢ Marjorie likes this
Lisa Malden (She/Her) June 22, 2021
Like ā€¢ carolyn french likes this
Like ā€¢ # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

@Lisa Malden (She/Her) What a funny list! I actually appreciate Teamwork makes the dream work because of the rhyming and the way it can lighten the mood.

Any of these ones popular in your office? And what would you have them say instead to convey the real meaning?

Lisa Malden (She/Her) September 1, 2021

Hi Carolyn - sorry for the late reply... Got a promotion and have been in TONS of trainings...

Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork IS a good one - pretty common though. I don't have a saying that I can think of at the moment however I do see our agency and others using the word "Folx" in place of people, group, etc. Seems like a pretty neutral word to use nowadays.

Cheers!

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

These are great!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

Government language?  Oh, I can do that.  I don't want to, but I have a parent and an uncle who were civil servants for a long time, and I've worked with several government organisations. 

I don't just understand "Yes (Prime) Minister", I get all the jokes in it.  All of them.  Even the ones in Latin.

Corporate/business cliches - yep, they're fantastic at telling me that someone doesn't know what they are doing, so there's something real to talk about.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events