Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security and Compliance in Data Center: Allowlist blocklisting and user management capabilities

Hey, government teams and welcome to my final post in the Data Center features for stronger security and compliance series.

As we saw in the last post, both threats and bursts of requests to your instances can significantly degrade or even cause downtime to your instances. To help your admins manage these requests, Data Center features allowlisting and blocklisting, which enable you to allow certain people to send requests to your instances or block them from sending requests at all.

This user power to adjust limits set for different users ensures that you remain in control while maintaining a secure and stable instance. Those users who require advanced permissions may have them, while those who don't need to send as many external REST API requests remain more limited through the token bucket algorithm. As a result, as your agency scales and program requirements change, administrators can adjust the size of the token bucket to ensure you’re never sacrificing efficiency.

Another way to control how your instances and Data Center products are used is through our user management capabilities. This feature manages how you grant access to your instances and products, keeping your access as secure as you need. Simply connect your existing identity provider to your Atlassian Data Center products and you can manage user needs. Learn more about better security through user management here and please share your experiences with these features in the comments! Please also let me know if this series was useful to you and if you’d like to see more for other Data Center features in the future. Thanks for reading along!

2 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2022

@Mel Policicchio - This series was useful to me! Obviously I'm biased since I'm currently one of the moderators in this group... 😅

Cheers! 🥂

Like Mel Policicchio likes this
Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2022

Glad to hear it, @Dave Liao ! And thanks for all your work moderating this group =) 

Like Dave Liao likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events