Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Government Agencies Can Make Projects Smarter With Trello

Hi Community,

Coming on here to talk through one of my favorite products at Atlassian, Trello! I’ve been a long-time Trello user even before I joined Atlassian over 4 years ago, mostly using it for my personal life and general planning. When I joined Atlassian, I found that Trello was far more powerful than I realized. There was automation, connections to other apps I was using daily, team collaboration, and so much more.

Getting up and running on Trello is very intuitive and quick, but one of my favorite Trello features is Butler. A no code automation plug-in that makes my projects really come to life, sometimes with just a click. There are features within Butler that even give me automation suggestions based on my activity. The rules you set on your board can be as simple as “When I move this card to my ‘Done’ list, complete the ‘Due Date’.” Or a bit more complex with “When new task is added randomly assign a teammate” to help delegate on a project. The possibilities are really endless here and I’m still finding new commands that make my Trello boards smarter and more efficient. If you’re interested in learning more ways to use Butler, this blog offers great resources your agency might leverage.

I would love to hear from the Community, what are some of your favorite tips and tricks for automation in Trello? Feel free to also add in any questions or other examples of working in Trello within your agency by sharing below.

2 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

To add to @bhuff 's post, for those who work for organizations with audit requirements, Trello provides a usage log for Butler when it works its magic. ⚡

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events