add a local git repo in SourceTree

Hi. I have a local workspace with some projects, sincronized with a remote git repo. ¿How to add the existing working copy (git local repository) to SourceTree?

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Accepted answer

Lots of ways! :)

1. Drag & drop the folder from Finder into the Bookmarks window to add it to your bookmarks
  2. Drag & drop the folder onto your dock icon
  3. File > Open (Cmd-O) and browse to the path
  4. Click 'Add Repository' on the bookmarks window, select the 'Add Working Copy' tab and browse to the local repo

Yeah, very intuitive. I could find the way just five after doing the question. Thanks!.

Hello,
I have a problem with local repo: if I add a repository with "Add Working Copy" it seems to be ok, SourceTree tells me that it a git repository, but when I open it I have this error: "'git status' failed with code 128:'fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git".

What can I do?

The check when you provide a path to add as a working copy is actually quite rudimentary, it just checks for the presence of the .git folder. If git is failing when it's added and *real* git commands start being called on it, that means that the .git folder is a red herring and that it really isn't a git repo after all.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Dry T-Shirt Competition - What's your BEST (Atlassian) T-Shirt!?

[Note: So it was my turn for Friday Fun and sadly I was sick thanks to rubbish sinus infection... so apologies to most of Europe and Asia for the delayed post. However, I finally got out of bed for t...

210 views 15 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you