It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Updating my local Master Repo

Hello,

I followed all the instructions on your website to create Repo, add file, pull and push files.

When I created Repo for the first time locally Master was created. It reflected contents same as the contents on remote(repo). 

Other members who are using same Repo have added details to files and merged onto Repo. Now if I have to move my master to the latest, i tried to Pull request. there happens to be conflict on the pull request; how do i resolve it and update my master to lastest and point to the latest repo in Remote 

1 answer

I guess you are trying to update your changes in local, on master, and push it to remote? If so, try this:

1. Pull from remote master first. git pull origin master

2. If there are merge conflicts, address those

3. Commit the merged code locally

4. Push to remote. git push origin master

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Agile

Webinar: Dean Leffingwell and Steve Elliot present on SAFe 5.0, come ask Dean and Steve questions!

...steemed Steve Elliot (head of product for Jira Align). Agenda: What’s new or changed in SAFe 5.0: Introduction of OKRs Essential SAFe How to achieve true business a...

180 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you