Source tree keeps asking for password when execute pull/push commond

When excute git pull/push commond, the source tree keeps asking for my password as the following picture showed, but in the terminal, the git pull/push commond works well and dose not asking for the password, could anyone tell me why, many thanks!

5 answers

Is it possible that your terminal is configured to use a keypair, but SourceTree isn't?

Hey rui,

Looks like your URL format might be wrong. Could you post a redacted version in its current format?

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem and basically just you need to delete the passwords in your keychain.

After that, try to add a repository and click in the icon in the right (world icon)

You will be asket to insert your password and login again...

That's it

;)

I'm having the exact same issue.  I've tried every solution people have posted on the internet:

• delete keychain pw
  • change the repo url to include the username (https://username@host.com/path/to/rep.git)
  • Go to Repository > Repository Settings > Remotes — click the repo path and hit edit, add your username there so Keychain can find the appropriate pw.
  • In the repo list view, go to Accounts and set the pw there

NOTHING works.  Every time I fetch, push, pull, whatever, it still asks me for my damn password. Every. Single. Time.  The Store Password In Keychain checkbox does nothing, and I'm supplying my username all over the place, so keychain needing that bit of info ahead of time in order to work is also not the solution.  This problem never happened until I recently did an update.  According to the About info, I'm running version 2.4 (88) now.  So, whatever that upgrade did must've introduced this problem.  This is REALLY annoying. 

Did you ever resolve this? I'm having this issue now as well.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Agile

SIL Simplified - A beginner's guide to Simple Issue Language and how to use it

As a Jira admin, looking for ways to expand your Jira functionality, you may have stumbled across people using and referring to this thing called SIL. Contrary to what some may think, SIL is not the ...

48 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you