Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source tree keeps asking for password when execute pull/push commond

rui wang November 13, 2013

When excute git pull/push commond, the source tree keeps asking for my password as the following picture showed, but in the terminal, the git pull/push commond works well and dose not asking for the password, could anyone tell me why, many thanks!

5 answers

0 votes
Jason Ji February 3, 2017

Did you ever resolve this? I'm having this issue now as well.

0 votes
Edward Kaminski December 9, 2016

I'm having the exact same issue.  I've tried every solution people have posted on the internet:

• delete keychain pw
  • change the repo url to include the username (https://username@host.com/path/to/rep.git)
  • Go to Repository > Repository Settings > Remotes — click the repo path and hit edit, add your username there so Keychain can find the appropriate pw.
  • In the repo list view, go to Accounts and set the pw there

NOTHING works.  Every time I fetch, push, pull, whatever, it still asks me for my damn password. Every. Single. Time.  The Store Password In Keychain checkbox does nothing, and I'm supplying my username all over the place, so keychain needing that bit of info ahead of time in order to work is also not the solution.  This problem never happened until I recently did an update.  According to the About info, I'm running version 2.4 (88) now.  So, whatever that upgrade did must've introduced this problem.  This is REALLY annoying. 

0 votes
SuperAtic April 15, 2014

I had the same problem and basically just you need to delete the passwords in your keychain.

After that, try to add a repository and click in the icon in the right (world icon)

You will be asket to insert your password and login again...

That's it

;)

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

Hey rui,

Looks like your URL format might be wrong. Could you post a redacted version in its current format?

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

Is it possible that your terminal is configured to use a keypair, but SourceTree isn't?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events