Push only some commits

gabrielmaldi September 28, 2013

Is there a way to push only some of your commits using SourceTree?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Branislav Siarsky July 13, 2016

You can use Custom actions, on my Mac I've done:

1. Preferences custom actions => Add
    Menu Caption: Push to master till this commit
    Script to run: git-push-till-commit
    Parameters: $SHA
  2. In a directory, which will be searched by PATH I've created a shell script "git-push-till-commit"
    vi git-push-till-commit

#!/bin/bash
    SHA_COMMIT_HASH=$1
    echo "Calling git push origin $SHA_COMMIT_HASH:master"
    git push origin $SHA_COMMIT_HASH:master

chmod a+x git-push-till-commit

3. Now if I wish to push some subset of commits, I select the last one => Right mouse click => Custom actions => Push to master till this commit
2 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

Hi Gabriel,

We support this functionality in Mercurial (just right click on a log row and hit 'Push'). This will just pre-fill the revision field in the push sheet, so you can do this manually from the push sheet, too. We don't currently support this in Git despite it being technically possible using the syntax

git push <remote> <commit SHA>:<remote_branch>

You can file feature requests at jira.atlassian.com if you'd like to see this in SourceTree.

Cheers

gabrielmaldi September 30, 2013

Thank you, Kieran. I have submitted two feature requests:

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

Just remember it pushes all commits 'up to' the commit you specify. Thanks for the feature requests!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events