Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking an offline repo with a remote repo

Ankit Jain March 20, 2018

Hi!

So I originally didn't have rights for the code [newly joined and some communication gap], I took an offline repo [created from the remote repo (bit bucket) by a team-member]. Now to push my changes, I need to link with the remote repo [I have access now]. But I dont know what code Url to use [I was hoping to link it to Visual Studio via add remote and everything...]

Might I be guided on what steps to take.

P.S I am cloning the remote repo right now to patch my changes in case nothing works.

P.P.S I am using system git, but I am getting: warning: templates not found C:\Program Files\Git\share\git-core\templates

P.P.P.S C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\share\git-core\templates\description has a single line: Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the repository.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

Try to execute in your local repository

git remote show

Have a look if you have remote links. If you have remote links then execute

git remote show <your available remote link>

check if the link is right. If it is right, then commit and push changes to the repo.

Got it thanks. I set it up and pushed it. 

0 votes

Never mind. Found the answer. My new repo had the link inside its config file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events