It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Launch external merge tool when resolving merge conflicts caused by stash pop: files not found Edited

I am trying to unstash some files, one of the files causes merge conflicts, which I am trying to resolve using my external merge tool Beyond Compare. I have never had to resolve merge conflicts due to unstashing using SourceTree, so I might be doing something wrong. 

Here's what I did:

1. I applied the stash, which reported errors due to a merge conflict.
  2. I went back to my working copy's file status
  3. It shows the conflicted file once in "staged files" and once in "unstaged files", both with an exclamation mark indicating conflicts.
  4. The version in "staged files" shows no changes
  5. I right-clicked on either of these versions and chose resolve conflicts/launch external merge tool
  6. My diff tool launched, but did not find these files "<whatever>_LOCAL_21148.tex" "<whatever>_BASE_21148.tex" etc.
  7. But it creates new files named .merge_file_<some_hex_number> which as far as I can see contain the base, local, and remote versions. 

Can someone point me to what's going wrong here?

Edit:

The same happens when I use git mergetool

Best,

David

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

Do you still play the same games you played when you were a kid?

Months ago, I was walking in a huge grocery store and I went to the toys aisle and found a jigsaw puzzle that was more than 50% off, and I thought "why not? It will be fun and it can be a beautiful f...

254 views 24 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you