Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue installing Sourcetree & cloning repository

lkumar001
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2018

Dear Atlassian,

Kindly assist. We re trying to install SourceTree on a Corporate network which is Firewalled & Proxy controlling Internet Access. The following ip's has been allowed for Bitbucket as per the Cloud Bitbucket IP list in your post. 104.192.143.1 
104.192.136.0/21
23.20.208.24/32
52.7.19.238/32  
52.55.104.10/32
52.203.194.12/32
34.236.25.177/32 
34.232.25.90/32 
52.203.14.55/32 

When installing the Software at the Connect an account screen, we choose OAuth as the Authentication method, which takes you to bitbucket.org to log in. Once logged in the redirects to a localhost site (http://localhost:34106/?state=authenticated&code=cuJDmeFSS5erYHceBq)  "page cannot be displayed. On the Sourcetree app we get an error "Unable to get secret, Unable to get user secret, Request for an OAuth Request_token was denied." When choosing basic and entering your atlassian log in details it works, but this is not how the client wants to authenticate as it works fine on open network. I have also allow the id.atlassian.com, sourcetree.com and download.atlassian.com on the proxy. The atlassian site ip addresses is also included in the ip addresses we have allow as per above. When adding these 3 domains/ip addresses on the firewall however it causes Internet issues in our environment.

2.The embedded Git and Mercurial package could not be installed during the sourcetree setup, it give an error: Unable to extract filename and filepath, unable to connect to remote server. 

3. When trying to clone a repository it gives a message Invalid path. 
A connection attempt failed because the connection party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed. We added proxy settings on sourcetree software, but this does not seem to resolve the issue.

3. When trying to clone a repository it gives a message Invalid path

May you kindly assist  and advise what Firewall/proxy access is required for sourcetree to install properly and to clone repositories from bitbucket. Bitbucket.org, id.atlassian.com, download.atlassian and sourcetree sites are all working when opening it in the browser, for some reason something else seems to be preventing properly communication.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

Hello, 

Just to check a few things. 

- You don't have two factor authentication on right?  That could cause a hiccup on initial setup.  

- Where are you authenticating to?  

lkumar001
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2018

Hi Billy

Thanks for the response. Please clarify, "two factor authentication" on where exactly. Authentication is only done on proxy when browsing.

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2018

Two Factor Authentication is when you get a text sent to your phone to confirm it's actually you logging in and not someone with your username and password.  This is a required check by some systems/ policies.  

My other question was asking where your user credentials are.  If they are on a local server, then you'll need to setup your system to reference that local server.  

If it's in the cloud, then point bitbucket to the cloud server so it can authenticate the users. 

luzille
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 1, 2018

Yip, no we do not use two factor authentication. All other issues has been resolved except the authentication to the bitbucket site while installing sourcetree. The OAuth aunthetication works now when setting default browser to chrome, as soon as the page launch to enter your bitbucket details in IE the page redirects to the localhost:34106/state=authenticated link, and generate message - (This page cannot be displayed). Then gives the "unable to het secret" error message. Not sure why it only does it in IE.  Can you perhaps advise what the issue may be? Question2: Does the software require proxy settings in the network tab or is this not required?

q3: when doing a trace during The git & mercurial download there are connection attempts to akamaitechnologies.com, this is cirrently blocked on our side. Why is it initiating connection to this site. Does all the amazonaws ips need to be allowed on the fw or just the cloudfront.net ips?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events