cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git carriage return issues

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

Hi Team,

I was migrated git repositories from Windows to Linux. Now, the problem that I see was that there is a bummer that I can see the carriage return sing "\r\n" or "^M". I applied the git config core.autocrlf changes, but still, the sign is there and I want to clean up at server level. How to do that? Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2014

I performed the command git config --global core.autocrfl input (for Linux) and it again, it didn't work.

This is the current setting in Linux (git server)

core.autocrlf=input
core.safecrlf=false

And from windows client

core.autocrlf=true
core.safecrlf=true

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014

@J.Cadwell. I performed the gitattirbutes file in order to remove the carriage return. However, I have problem with the BOM sing at the beginning of the file. The reason why that some of the file are editing in windows. Can you please provide some input about the BOM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events