Git Server and Git Clients setup guide

He dears,

i have installed Stash and Git 1.7+ .and after successful login to Stash, i managed to create Project and then its first Repository, and then i have been asked to add command to git command tool to configure Repository, i have followd the steps after , i have seen my file in Stash, file browser of that Repository.

Now the thing is , that file is for local repository, i have 5 PC attached with the system, and i want to give access them to use a remote Repository container and do the necessary actoin on repository.

for that i should have a Client-Server type of setup.

I have searched but no success So far.

Kindly Help me.

Reagrds,

AQG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi, Stash IS a Git server. You can connect with a Git client of your choice. I mainly either use Git directly from Linux command line or via Eclipse's egit plugin.

Thanks Harry:

i have worked with the basic Repository Creation with Stash. Now i want to have a More Broad GUI GIT CLIENT . which works at different LAN connected PC and can work with a centerlized Repository which a Stash Created.

http://git-scm.com/downloads/guis - here's a list from the official Git site. If you are using Mac then definitely Source Tree by Atlassian.

If you have Windows XP and you're familiar with TortoiseSVN you can give TortoiseGit a try http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/

Oh Thanks.

I did with Most of the Tools, but the Problem is that, there is no specific help given for these tools, I m working with Windows XP and Stash Software is Installed in Virtual Machine.

Thanks Harry:

I will try, and Hope i will get it, if not i will ask more .

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 01, 2018 in Summit

Summit 2019 is going to Las Vegas

You asked we answered - Summit 2019 registration is now open! Can you believe Atlassian Summit hasn’t been to the US since 2017? Now is the time to get ready for an event to remember! Our biggest u...

283 views 6 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you