Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error encountered when I'm offline / not at work

Matthieu Balmes July 21, 2013

Hi,

I installed SourceTree on my laptop at work where we have multiple remote drives mounted and somehow SourceTree chose to store some of its configuration in one of these drives.

Now, when I'm not at work, everytime I try to open a panel in SourceTree by clicking on one of my projects versioned with Git, or by trying to commit, I get an error popup saying :

'Summary failed' with code 128: fatal: unable to access H:\/.config/git/config': Invalid argument.

I tried to find where to change this in the settings but couldn't find it.

Please help...

2 answers

0 votes
Tomas Gradin December 12, 2013

SourceTree is trying to read $HOME/.config/git/config

It seems your home is set to H:\ and this is why it fails. Try changing it.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi Matthieu,

It sounds to me like you're using a network file share as your repository location that SourceTree is trying to use. As your H:/ drive is no longer connected SourceTree is trying to access that for loading/committing your project.

Check your H:/ drive is available still, however if it's not and you have repositories within SourceTree you'll probably want to remove them. Alternatively you can change the SourceTree settings so it doesn't query remotes.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events